Monday Made It~ Burlap Wreath

This is my first time ever linking up for Monday Made It!


I LOVE anything burlap!  

I decided to spice up our front door by adding a wreath.

It's really easy to make and cost less than $20, which is way cheaper than if you were to buy a wreath already made.

In order to make the wreath you will need:


1. a foam wreath (I used a 12 inch)
2. burlap (I bought it on a roll that was about 4 inches wide and 3 yards long.  It took me 2 of these rolls... I had to go back and buy another roll).
3. a wreath hanger for the door
4. large straight pins
*I bought white and gray chevron ribbon that I was planning on using to make a bow, but on my second trip to buy the addition roll of burlap I found a cute flower that I decided to use instead.

I bought all of my supplies at Hobby Lobby.

The first step in making the wreath is to cut the burlap. 
 I measured 4 inches across and then made a cut. 


 Once you have all the pieces you are going to begin folding them.

For the first fold, you are going to want to fold diagonally, making opposite corners touch in the shape of a triangle.


Then fold the right point to where your fingers are touching.

And then fold the left point to where your fingers are touching.

You now have a "bubble".

You are going to want to use the large pins to pin all the "bubbles" into the foam wreath.  Keep pinning until the entire wreath is full of the "bubbles".  It took me about an hour and a half.

Once I was finished pinning all of the burlap, I hung the wreath on my front door and added the flower.


What do you think?!

1 comment