Five for Friday

I am linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching to share my five highlights from this week.


1. Wednesday marked the one month countdown to marrying the love of my life.

2. I only have 8 more school days left!  I am so ready for summer!  I will miss the sweet babies so much!  Every year is hard to see them leave, but this year will probably be the hardest for me because I taught PreK last year, and half of my PreK class moved with me to Kindergarten.  So I've had some of them for 2 years. 

3. On Thusday we had Field Day.  I LOVE Field Day.  We play all day!  Here is a look at some of our fun.

We had a lot of water activities.  This is a picture of Brandon after he got off of an inflatable water slide. 

This picture was taken during a relay in which the kids filled a cup and then ran to pour the water into a bucket.

This is Lizeth during a race in which they had to try to hold a ball without dropping it as they hopped.

On Field Days we always have a bag lunch and eat in the classroom.  This is Brandon wearing his lunch bag as a hat.  :)

Field Day was SO much fun!  The kids had many different stations they went to that included water relays, water inflatables, a huge water slide, hospital tag, etc.  After all of the stations the kids changed out of their wet clothes and we grabbed our bagged lunch.  We then went back outside to jump on several inflatables.  The remainder of our day included Recess and Just Dance.

4. Our school is set for Summer Reading.  We work with a company that donated 8 "just right" books to each student.  The kids were allowed to choose their own 8 books.  It was so much fun seeing which books the kids chose.  The books were really nice... I think teachers should get 8 also.  ;)

5. Since I am getting married in less than a month, I am going out with my bridesmaids tomorrow.  We are getting up early (yes, on a Saturday), but it's okay because we are going on a shopping trip!

I'm off to enjoy my 4 day weekend!

7 comments

  1. I love that you have water fun with your field day! So much fun!

    Kimberly Ann
    Live, Laugh, I LOVE Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! Yes, so much fun! And we actually have a water day coming up also! :) Have a great rest of the year!

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh YAY for getting married in a month! And double yay for a day of shopping with your girls!

    x Serena x
    Magic Mistakes & Mayhem

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by! Yes, double yay!! :) Hope we find good deals tomorrow!

      Delete
  3. Yay for getting married. You deserve it, sweet girl. Field day looked like a blast!

    Jeannie
    The 2nd Grade Surprise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Jeannie! I'm so glad I found your blog the other day! :)

      Delete
  4. Congrats on the wedding! I married my best friend 27 years ago and he has taken me on the best adventures of my life! May you be as lucky! Have a wonderful summer!

    ReplyDelete